Pilkington Construction is a dedicated, quality-oriented corporation. We look for highly qualified professionals who have construction experience, integrity, creative problem solving skills and a desire to work hard. We offer generous benefits, paid vacation, professional atmosphere and a strong team approach to everything we do. Pilkington Construction is an equal opportunity employer.
Apply in person or send resumes to:
Pilkington Construction Co.
2975 South Avenue B
Yuma, AZ 85364
Onsite Construction Superintendent
The Superintendent is responsible for ensuring safety, schedule delivery, quality of work performed and adherence to project plans and specifications as well as budget. Reports To: Project Manager and Owner Representative.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Oversee and make decisions related to the performance of work related to scheduling, delivery, logistics, and quality control.
- Oversee work among assigned trades to promote coordinated project operations. Resolving local area problems regarding procedures, precedence, design clarifications, adequate labor and equipment schedule and all other appropriate matters.
- Manage the overall site safety program as required and ensure subcontractor compliance with Pilkington Construction standards and all applicable safety codes and regulations.
- Create a three week look ahead schedule and schedule updates and determine sequencing of work. Develop and implement recovery strategies to maintain project schedule if needed.
- Communicate with owners and architects/engineers in connections with field issues. Investigate and resolve such issues.
- Manage the work to ensure that it is installed in compliance with the project plans and specifications
- Minimum of 5 years' related experience
- Clean driving record and valid driver's license
- EM385-1-1 Certification preferred and or 30 hour OSHA
- CPR Certification preferred
- Construction Quality Control Management Certification preferred
- Ability to pass a background check and obtain access to federal installations
- Knowledge of vertical construction
- Familiar with Army Corp of Engineer procedures preferred
- Familiar with NAVFAC Procedures preferred
- Understanding of construction means/methods
- Possess computer skills and the ability to navigate Microsoft Office, Microsoft Schedule, Adobe Acrobat, Excel, and Procore .
- Must possess the ability to read, write, and communicate clear and precise English
- The ability to understand and interpret contract documents, drawings specifications, scopes of work, and project schedule.
- Ability to travel.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Performance of the duties will occasionally require physical ability to climb permanent and temporary stairs, ability to climb ladders and negotiate work areas under construction. This job requires use of hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls, sit, talk and hear (bells, whistles, etc.), stand, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. Employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 lbs.
Compensation dependent on experience.